Take It All

May 08, 2017




I have a rare post today: an actual modeled-by-me garment.  I'm determined to get my numerous FOs photographed, Raveled and blogged and until I've gone through all those steps with each one, they really don't seem like they are officially finished!  

The Take It All Shawl was a total blast to make with all the color changes and textured stitches; I was almost sad when it was finished.  The pattern was originally planned as a mystery knitalong and fellow knitters have made some gorgeous wraps.  Mine was made with leftovers of Dale Garn Baby Ull, a super lovely fingering weight yarn that is easy to knit and soft to wear.  I often use it for baby garments and had these leftovers in my stash.  So does that mean it was FREE?  The pattern is now available as an instant download and includes written and charted instructions.  My husband, who admittedly is almost always complimentary, thought this was so pretty.  He even had a fashion tip for me: "With all the colors, I think it will go with everything!" ;)

Summer knitting is approaching and I've begun to pack away my unfinished winter knitting projects to be replaced by my summer knitting projects. I juggle a lot of knitting projects at once and you may wonder how I manage to keep track of them all. I'm composing a post to share my organization method.  It's easy and allows for the caprice of your inner fickle knitter to be fulfilled.  Plus, I'll show you all the knitting I'm planning  for this summer.  It's a lot.










 Have a super week!
I'd love to hear from you!  To make a comment, click here.



Follow 
Knitionary




You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Very pretty. I love shawls and yours is so bright and lovely. You make a wonderful model, Kristen and should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, boy you have talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love your modeled photos the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah. My model is so busy now and so it's just easier for me to do it.

      Delete
  4. Very nice, you are super talented. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda