juggling

May 17, 2017

Last week I talked on the phone to a long time friend and she asked me if I was still knitting like crazy. My short answer was , "I sure am!"  Here's my long answer:

I usually have about 6 to 8 works-in-progress going at once. I like to think I have a way to organize them but it's not much more than adding the project to my Ravelry page and then placing the yarn, pattern, and needles in a basket. I have 8 baskets and admittedly, all of them are full.  Hmmm.  They sit on shelves in my sewing room and can be reached easily; and whatever mood I'm in, I'm certain to have something that fits my knitting whimsy at the moment.

I've come to terms with my knitting reality: my stash is bigger than it needs to be and I have more works-in-progress than is necessary, but if that is the worst thing about this lovely hobby, I can live with it!

Here's what I'll be working on this summer:


Rowan Yarn, as you know, is a favorite of mine.  They make the best cottons I have ever knit with. Handknit Cotton is one of my long-time favorites as it's so easy on the hands, makes an even fabric and the garment is machine washable that will last for years. With the white above I'll be making Seacoast by Joji Locatelli.  The pale blue below might become an Hourglass, a pattern I've made twice before and adore.



The Summerlite DK is another favorite as it feels like cashmere and is another cotton that's easy on the hands.  I think I'll be making a simple cardigan like Anala by Lisa Richardson below from Rowan Mag 61. 


I also have some white Creative Linen.  I can't have enough white in summer!  Creative Linen is another fantastic yarn from Rowan with an excellent handle that creates fabric that lasts for seasons. Machine washable 50/50 blend of cotton and linen.  I'll be knitting Lila Top Down by Carrie Bostwich Hoge.


Getting the most knitting attention right now is Marmor by Regina Moessmer in Luft by Woolfolk. This will be a year-round cardigan for my wardrobe. I've been loving knitting with this extremely soft yarn and enjoying the pattern so much.  The cardigan, though simple, has some very interesting construction techniques that are new to me.  I've taken pictures along the way and plan a progress post soon as I think you'll find the pattern interesting.  Coming soon.


I was happy to pull out Liv by Carrie Bostwick Hodg from last year.  Hello old friend.  I was surprised to see how little I had to do to finish and now it's done too!  I used A Verb For Keeping Warm's own Pioneer.  I LOVE that stuff.  More later.


I'm also working with a group of friendly testers to size up the Gingersnap pattern.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll wrap up at the end of the month and I'll have a new version of the pattern ready mid-June.  It's had it's hiccups, but thank heavens knitters who dare to test patterns are forgiving people!

But that's not all. I'm test knitting a darling baby jumpsuit.  Oops, I'm knitting a shawl too, almost forgot about that. I know I have a lot of knitting going on at once.  I always do.  I don't see that changing any time soon.

I always love to hear from my readers about their knitting habits
and I know we all have our little quirks!
Please share.  I can't be the only fickle knitter!



Follow 
Knitionary

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. There is something about knitting....When I used to sew (in the olden days) it was definitely one project at a time. But knitting takes so much longer and is so repetitive ( both one of its zen-like joys as well as its slog-like downsides) that lately I have become a polygamous knitter. Right now I am finishing a shawl, in the middle of a sweater, unearthing a long forgotten half-finished vest, and contemplating a hat for travel knitting.. But just think of the cascade of FOs in my future. At least that's the plan. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your phrasing-- that yiu are a polygamous knitter and that soon you'll have a cascade of FOs!

      Delete
  2. My mother always told me I was fickle. I blame it on being a Gemini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow in knitting, the word fickle sounds normal!

      Delete
  3. Awesome yarns! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kristen. I always worry that my comments are too long and verbose. But I can't seem to stop myself. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Jane WatsonMay 29, 2017 at 1:12 PM

    I am learning. Can do scarves lol made six.
    Patterns are so confusing ��

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda