Woolfolk Ravello

November 02, 2014






I don't know whether I'm more happy with my finished sweater or more happy that I actually have pictures to share.  I've always said knitting is the easy part!

This sweater is another Ravello by Isabel Kramer. I just can't seem to tire of this pattern as it's so easy to get a perfect fit.  Plus the stripe options, or no stripes, are abundant. I am so into stripes these days.  

But this sweater, as much as I love the pattern, is all about the yarn.  Tynd by Woolfolk is a fingering weight yarn made of the highest quality merino available.  To say Tynd is soft somehow doesn't give it the adoration it deserves.  It feels every bit as exquisite as the finest cashmere at about half the price.  Tynd has a soft twist, is very easy to knit, and achieving an even tension is effortless.  The fabric is lightweight and soft, akin to wearing a big puppy hug.  Apparently the people behind Woolfolk hybridized a new merino sheep and this is the result.  They also made a chainette worsted weight yarn, but I am a fingering weight kinda girl, and this stuff is magnificent.  The color palette is quite neutral with some grays, blues and tans.  I imagine when this yarn becomes a bit hit, and it will, they will expand the color options.

I'm going to lift some words right from their website:  Woolfolk yarns combine the highest quality wool with ethical, sustainable practices. The fiber we use, Ultimate Merino®, doesn’t happen by chance, but by the innovative efforts of farmers to produce the very best wool fiber while being land stewards of the Patagonian Grasslands. Woolfolk brings this exquisitely soft and lustrous fiber in handknitting yarns that preserves the unique attributes of this luxurious wool.  Ultimate Merino® has a micron count of 17.5, and combines the hand of cashmere with the wear of merino. The long cylindrical fibers, with a surface that is smoother due to elongated, flat scales, reflect light and absorb dye better than elliptical fibers, resulting in lustrous yarns with deep and lasting hues.



I made it tunic length, but since it's top down it will be easy to shorten it if I decide to. I finished this sweater while watching the parade on TV, that would be the San Francisco Giants parade because WE WON THE WORLD SERIES!  It went 7 games and was excruciatingly exciting!  We went out to dinner with friends that night and I wore this sweater and we all said, "So what are we going to watch on TV now that there is no more baseball?"  And I'm thinking, what on earth will I knit to now?


Their website is the not the best, a bit difficult to maneuver and doesn't really show you the yarn.  I would go to the Purl site to view the colors and you can shop there too! 

Woolfolk
See the colors at Purl
 You can also find Woolfolk at these stockists
my Rav page has all the sweater details




You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. Lovely Kristen! It looks great on you as always! I can see how soft the yarn is so must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sweater! I love stripes too, especially when they have a Breton feel, as this one does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the deep rib on the sleeves of this sweater! Stripes are addictive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sweater looks so perfect! I love it, so classic, and so cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweater!!!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, and looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful shade of wine they have there among all the neutrals and blue. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fabulous! I've been hearing about this yarn all over, it just might land in my LYS before I leave...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank for showing. I like it very much!
    Greetings
    Bärbel

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda