Thanksgiving Cookies

November 27, 2013

If you've been reading this blog for a bit you know I love to make shaped sugar cookies.  For many years I've collected cookie cutters and over the next year, as I make them for each season I'll pull out my favorites to share.  I make these often, it wouldn't be a family gathering without sugar cookies, I think my family would have a rebellion.  For us, cookies and milk or cookies and coffee is the best end to dinner!

My Thanksgiving cutters are among my favorites.  The big American Indian, the two Indians in the canoe and the pilgrim couple are made by B. Cukla.  At the end of the post I have links for you.







I have a tip, when you are cutting out a large or complicated design like the Indian above,
roll the dough onto the cookie sheet, cut out cookie and carefully peel the dough away.
If there are little parts like the feather headdress on the Indians in the canoe,
use a toothpick to help get the dough out.  Flour your cutter before each cut.



Hand made tin Indians in Canoe cutter made by B. Cuckla.

While I don't collect cookie cutters anymore,
I'm happy to see my favorite tinsmith and coppersmith
are still creating beautiful designs.

Here are some great links to cookie cutter artisans!

My favorite tin cutters are from B. Cuckla
 My favorite copper cutters are from Michael Bonne
 Michael Bonne on Etsy
I used to belong to the Cookie Cutters Collector Club,
they are awesome and their newsletter is called "Cookie Crumbs."
Cookies Cutters Collectors Club on Facebook

My favorite sugar cookie recipe 


And since we are on cookies, this is what I imagine Martin Storey would make if he were to make cookies!


The winner has been chosen and contacted through Facebook.  Thank you to who entered.  Also thank you for coming back, your readership is important to me.



Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers!
 xoxo


 


Follow 
Knitionary



You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! The sweater cookies totally slay me!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing sewing room tour shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda