the year of the rose

We were supposed to wake to a thunderstorm this morning, and rain would have been so welcome.  Instead, more beautiful weather, and of course I have no complaints.  Below is our view from our bedroom door.  I grabbed my phone and took a walk even before coffee!  Every rose grower in my town says this year their roses are going crazy.




From our bedroom door.



Climbing Blaze, a repeat bloomer all summer.



Iceberg, another repeat bloomer all summer long.



Graham Thomas



Graham Thomas, a David Austin rose.
 Although now as I arrange flowers and write this post, it's clouding up. 
We'd appreciate any old sprinkle that wanders our way.


Follow Knitionary

11 comments:

  1. Kristen, this is just breathtaking. Beautiful Roses and Beautiful Yard......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Do you get a lot of bees buzzing around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is a dream. I can only imagine how it smells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my!!! Gorgeous roses!!! We've been having some gorgeous weather too! not very usual for the NW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Curtains and fountains of roses' (from The Secret Garden). What stunning photos. And what a beautiful view of your lovely gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I first came across it last October and have been an avid reader ever since. Here in West Yorkshire it will be a little while yet before our roses are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. STOP IT!!!!! THAT'S the view from your bedroom door?!??!?!! Wow...TOTALLY worth waking up to!!! I hope that rain moves in for you. We'd gladly send you some of ours if we could, but I don't think it works that way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristin! We got the thunderstorm last night and it was a doozy! Your roses are beautiful, and I'm always interested in a repeat blooming climber. The Blaze is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you ever get another dog, I think you should name her Rosie.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!