Vintage Cardigan

May 02, 2011

This sweet little Vintage Cardigan is another test knit, this time from Helen of Need Designs.  I made the 18 month size and really wish there was a fat little toddler in it because baby sweaters looked so much cuter modeled.  It has nice cabled detail on the plackets and sleeves.  This is a good cable to work your cable without a cable needle again, this technique will make the cables go pretty fast. 
I love test knitting, especially the process of going through a pattern with the designer and fine tuning it for perfection!  It's amazing to me how a young designer can make a little extra money putting her designs on Ravelry.  I have seen a few designers do very well in a short time.  Love that about the web.
I photographed the cardi on this old redwood garden furniture.  We aren't sure if this ancient set adds jaunty character to a dark corner of the garden or if it just looks old and ratty.  The moss and lichen, does this make it charming?
Or scary?
I haven't seen anyone sit on it for years.  Probably a good idea!
This weeks polish is Tickle My Francey by OPI.  I used to think I wanted the job of naming ice cream flavors, but now I want the job of naming nail polish colors.  This is a great neutral I wear a lot.

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Cute sweater, Kristen! If I come across a cold baby, I'll let you know. :)
    As far as the garden furniture, since you asked--I am probably the last, refuse to give it up, fan of shabby chic. Just this year, I've admitted that it is just not the thing anymore. K and I have spent the last few months cleaning, water-proofing, painting and hiring contractors. I'm very glad we did now. Our stuff is still old, but it looks better. And we know it won't leak, rust, let in mice, or fall apart if sat on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will make you laugh - guess what color nail polish I'm wearing? Kid you not - one and the same. Such a great neutral color.

    That's so nice of you to test knit and help a newer designer with pattern writing. I've thought about doing the same but my work comes in waves and so I'm leery of commitments on my time.

    BTW I think the mossy chairs are ~ charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely and I love your photo styling for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an adorable baby sweater pattern. I love baby knits in grey yarn. When is hte pattern going to be released.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda