Pure






























Pure is from the Breeze book by Kim Hargreaves. Probably not the most interesting knit in the book, but something about making it in white June that I had in my stash appealed to me. I love June, even with all my "must be a natural fiber" snobbery. Yes, it is a microfiber, but doe's not have that acrylicky feeling. It's easy on the hands, makes a crisp stitch, and the finished sweater does well in the washer and dryer. I've used June a few times before. Also, I found it online for $2.99 a skein. Can't really ask for more than that in a yarn!

I do like this sweater, but almost didn't finish it. I tried it on after I joined one sleeve to the body, and I looked like a pumpkin. I set it aside, dreading the idea of frogging all that stockinette I had knit and knit, then finally got the idea of a belt. Finished it and belted it and TA DA, love it.

I knit it in the round till the arm opening and added a few more waist increases. Also, I speeded up the raglan decreases or the sleeve opening would have been immense. Also added some length.

Now I am working on Summer Scabbard which has been a trial. More about that later.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Really, really beautiful!! You have been very busy for sure. Thanks for sharing~Jan

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!